Your hammock is hand woven from cotton and nylon- it takes 5 days to weave one hammock!
Care and Usage of your Mexican Hammock
- Always pick your hammock up by the ends to avoid tangles
- You may lay in your hammock in any direction, but diagonally is the Mexican way
- Do not stretch your hammock too straight, allow for a nice curve- the bottom of the curve should be just above the knee for easy access.
- Ideal distance from end to end of hammock is 2-3 metres; for less than 2-3 metres compensate by hanging hammock end higher. For further distance you may make up the difference with rope
- Hammock can be hung with ropes, coach bolt hooks, or something similar
- If using coach bolt hook, it is advisable to cut off a piece of hose, splice it down the middle and wrap around the hammock ends
- To prolong the life of your hammock, it is advisable to bring it indoors when not in use
- Hammock may be hand washed in cold water- however, ensure the nylon ends do not get tangled
- If, and when, a cotton strand does break, it is advisable to tie the two ends together for longer life of hammock